Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tom's Farm

During our visits in CA we usually take a trip out to Tom's Farm in Corona to meet up with my Grandma (Dad's mom).  I have very fond memories with grandma Flo.  I used to have a really hard time sleeping at night when I was a little girl, and whenever grandma was in town, or we were visiting her and grandpa, I used to always request that she would share a bed with me. (even if it meant stealing her from my Grandpa).  Grandma reads books until all hours of the night.  I'm not kidding, until like 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning.  It was so comforting to have her be right next to me, awake all night!, watching out for me.  Grandma was a reader!  Fun to talk to.  She knew everything!  She was also very active her whole life.  What high school kid could say that their grandma gave them dolphin rides in the pool?  She was famous for those.  

It's always fun visiting with this lady.  Plus, the kids love her!  She has goody bags for them every time we meet up!  


Betsy's favorite ride in the whole wide world.  But when it was my turn to ride with her, she wouldn't let me stand any closer to her than this:

Bear has an obsession with animals.

 The last couple of times we've been here, Tristan wasn't old enough to ride on the trackers.  This was a big day for him!

Feeling cool:

Train ride with Chelcie and cute Leo:

3 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

Fun day. Always love the cute kids' pictures.

Whitney said...

What fun! And what a cool grandma. Love Bets in those pictures.

Courtney said...

How fun! Love the animal love. And love what a ham bets is.